TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS [INSTALLATIONS]
All our estimates are valid for 7 days from the date noted on the estimate. Our estimates are based on the information obtained at the time of inspection. However, during installation problems can arise and this can affect the overall costs due to extra materials or labour. All additional work will be discussed with the customer before we go ahead to ensure you are satisfactory that there will be additional costs. If you wish to go ahead with the further work, then you will be liable for those costs. The initial estimate costs must not be taken as a definitive of work necessary and/or the costs.
If an event arises that Village Fireplaces & Stoves Ltd determines that it is not practicable to carry on with the works originally discussed, then we will inform you accordingly and return the customers deposit minus any costs of work carried out up until that point including shipping costs & bespoke made pieces.
Please be aware that if you require a twin wall flue system, planning permission is needed and we don’t have any involvement with that process other than to give advice. Price increases to materials before fitting will be charged at the rate of the time of invoice this therefore can change the overall cost of your estimate.
These costs have to be met by you the customer.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required upfront before ordering any goods on the estimate. Goods will not be ordered until the requested deposit is made.
The remaining balance is due upon receipt once the installation is finished. All goods will remain the property of Village Fireplaces & Stoves Ltd until the final invoice has been paid.
The customers compliance certification and data plate will be issued by our HETAS installers on completion of your installation.
If the outstanding balance on the invoice has not been settled with 3 days of receipt, there will be a 1.5% charge on your invoice for every day it is overdue at our discretion. If invoices are still overdue by the 20th day following completion of the install, then legal action will be taken without further notice.
We will assure that any issues the customer has post installation are dealt with accordingly provided the final invoice has been settled.
If goods are delivered/collected before your installation date the risk in goods will be passed to the customer. We will not be liable for the loss or damage to any goods except if the results are from our lack of care.
The customer is responsible for ensuring compliance with any planning or building regulations. We will not accept any legal and/or financial consequences from failure to comply with any current legislations.
Village Fireplaces & Stoves Ltd accepts full responsibility for their employees and their actions but will not be liable for any damage to your property unless it is caused by our negligence.
All materials supplied and/or fitted by us will comply with HETAS regulations and be of good quality.
Installations may not be aesthetically perfect due to features in fireplaces, stoves, chimneys and hearths. Especially bespoke made pieces. We will always put HETAS standards and compliance before aesthetics. If you fail to use and maintain installations in the correct way, there may be a call out fee or refusal to rectify any issues.
Please be aware that slate will demonstrate natural tonal variation as is inherent with slate from this origin, this is normal and should be expected. Riven surfaces tend to be uneven which also reflect the natural origin of the rock and there is no set standard or what would be considered too uneven or not uneven enough.
ACCEPTANCE & CANCELLATION
Acceptance of an estimate implies full acceptance of these terms & conditions.
If you choose to cancel your contract with us and ask for a refund this will NOT include any bespoke made pieces and will include an administration charge of £125 + VAT. The refund will only be given at our discretion as the deposit is non-refundable.
These terms and conditions shall not be construed to affect the statutory or common law rights of the purchaser or Village Fireplaces & Stoves ltd.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS [Website]
1. This website is operated by Village Fireplaces & Stoves Limited. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to Village Fireplaces & Stoves Limited.
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
15. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
16. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
17. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
18. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
19. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
20. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
21. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
22. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food, newspapers, event tickets or e-vouchers) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
23. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
24. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with Manx Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
27. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
28. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.